All my skins are made to use in-game decals and in-game camo, to block in-game camo see details below.
MERDC (Mobility Equipment Research & Design Command) was a system of camouflage patterns used by the U.S. Army in the 1970's. It featured a series of standardised patterns or each vehicle with the colours being determined by the operating environment.
MERDC camo pattern courtesy of wookie_monster at wotcustoms.net
Version 2 has been adjusted to add more detail, tools, cables, etc. It also has a darker base color. In the download for some tanks you find two files the .dds file for the tank with detail and a lighter version named <tank>_merdc.dds. Follow the instructions below to change your skin to that tank.
There are two methods to install skins, the first and simplest is to use the Curse client (V5). It will install the skin in the correct location. Just select your skin from the Curse mod menu and select install, its that easy.
For those installing the old manual way, here is the process:
- For this process I will be using the Tetrarch custom skin. So select you downloaded zip file. Tetrarch.zip (Image 1)
- Then select your World_of_Tanks/res_mods/0.8.x/ folder (where 0.8.x is the current game version) (Image 2)
- Then move the vehicles directory from the Tetrarch.zip file into the 0.8.x directory. Answer YES to the copy and replace when prompted by Windows. (Image 3)
To Change Skins After Installation
- Find the tank directory. It's located at World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.8.4\vehicles\<nation>\<tank> in this case World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.8.4\vehicles\russian\R84_Tetrarch_LL (Image 4)
- Locate the default skin file. <tank_name>.dds and rename it to <tank_name>_bu.dds. Here we are using the Tetrarch, so teh default tank skin is the Tetrarch_LL.dds. We rename that to Tetrarch_LL_bu.dds. This saves our default in case we need it later. (Image 5)
- Locate the skin you desire to change to. You can use the enclosed image file, or if none, the image file at Curse, to select your skin. In this example we want to change to teh desert skin, so we select Tetrarch_LL_desesrt.dds, right-click and select Copy. (Image 6)
- Then select a blank space inside the directory, right-click, select Paste, you will now have a "copy" of the desired file
- Right-click on the "copy" and select Rename (Image 7)
- Rename the "copy" to the default tank name, in this case, Tetrarch_LL.dds (Image 8)
- Now in game the Tetrarch will appear with the desert camo skin.
- Date created
- Jan 22, 2013
- Last update
- Sep 01, 2013
- Development stage
- Public Domain
- Curse link
- VK3002DB Multiple Camo
- Recent files